(Facilities 101)

Facilities Management oversees the entire Physical Plant of the College consisting of real estate, buildings, and building installed equipment on the Bradenton, Venice and Lakewood Ranch Campuses.

Facilities Management strives to provide a safe, healthy and comfortable environment conducive to learning for our students and staff. Facilities Management accomplishes this through: 

Building and Utility Systems Maintenance 
Building Managers Program
Facilities Customer Service    
How to Obtain Keys on Campus  
New Construction, Renovation and Remodeling Projects (conception planning through design and construction) 
Custodial Service for College Owned Buildings

Building and Utility Systems Maintenance

The majority of Facilities' customer interface is in this area.  A School Dude Request should be used for building and utility maintenance.  School Dude is an internal work order that must be accessed through SCF Connect.

Maintenance request instructions for first time School Dude Requests. 

 Facilities Management is responsible for the maintenance of all buildings and equipment on Campus. Facilities also operates and services all air-conditioning and heating systems.   

Equipment problems needing repair(s) may be resolved by submitting a School Dude Request. This is for equipment that is already in place and for some reason is malfunctioning or is broken.  Please have the following information for ready for Facilities Customer Service:

1.      Building number.
2.      Room number.
3.      Nature of the problem.
4.      Phone extension.
5.      Name

Do not E-Mail urgent maintenance problems. We need to remedy these without delay. Please call Customer Service for emergencies. Facilities operates from 7 am until 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.

Facilities Customer Service

Facilities Customer Service is the primary means of contact with Facilities Management. 

Facilities Customer Services for Bradenton and Lakewood Ranch  - 941-752-5216 

Facilities Customer Service for Venice - 941-408-1534

How to Obtain Keys on Campus 

Keys to College buildings are issued by Facilities Management. The process is described in the SCF Key Control Procedure. The procedure also gives directions about returning keys. To request keys go to SCF Connect, Employee Tab, right side of page, School Dude. Complete the Key Request Form and submit under the 'Key & Lock' icon. Instructions are posted as well as the form. You will be notified from the Facilities Customer Service Team when your keys are ready for pick-up. Swipe card requests are also approved in Facilities using this form and the School Dude system.  The approved swipe card request will be forwarded to Public Safety and they will issue the swipe card.  


New Construction, Renovation and Remodeling Projects 

Facilities Management must annually develop, obtain Board of Trustees approval and submit to the State, SCF's Five Year Capital Improvement Program (CIP). The CIP details the requirements for large construction projects such as the Medical Technology Simulation Center. The Facilities Planner continuously gathers facility requirements to build this program.

Additionally, the CIP requests money from the State to support small projects in several broad categories.   A Miscellaneous Project  List approved by the President and Vice Presidents further defines the specific small projects to be accomplished in a fiscal year using approved funds. These typically number 40+ in a given fiscal year. An example would be a new air conditioning system for a building.

Custodial Services for College Owned Buildings 

To request GCA support for cleaning and replacement of supplies please access School Dude through SCF Connect.



All College vehicles, including golf carts, are assigned to  Facilities Management and will be provided to various College departments for distinctly different purposes, all of which are limited to official College business. The acquisition of all College vehicles must be coordinated and approved in advance by  Facilities Management. Reserved vehicles are provided for student and business travel, on an as needed basis.  Facilities Management charges the using department accordingly. Instructions for the College's authorized vehicle users to obtain vehicles, secure the funding for their use of the vehicle, and obtain the required information records regarding vehicle mileage, trips and maintenance are outlined in the Vehicle Fleet Use Procedure.  

Facilties Home 
Page Edit