New Student Orientation
The purpose of New Student Orientation (NSO) is to assist students with the tools necessary to be successful at State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota (SCF) . NSO is mandatory for all new degree-seeking and transfer students prior to registering for their first term. NSO are held prior to the beginning of each semester and are designed to provide students with information on the following:
- faculty, staff and students who will serve as points of contact
- academic / learning support resources
- important deadlines
- SCF policies and procedures
- how to develop an academic schedule
- answer any questions you may have about college life at SCF
Prior to Attending An Orientation, You Must:
- submit an Application for Admission
- have a Student ID number (G00xxxxxx)
- have taken the SCF placement test or submitted SAT/ACT scores to Educational Records. (scores must be less than 2 years old) or have exempt/non-exempt status of testing based on high school transcript
Students may complete either an online or an in-person orientation.
Online orientations are specifically for transfer students. Transfer students will receive information about new student orientation via their SCF student email.
In-person orientations are required for all first time in college students. For the best course availability students are encouraged to schedule an orientation early.
To Schedule an In-Person, Contact:
Bradenton Campus-Assessment and Testing Office: (941) 752-5238
Venice Campus-Assessment and testing Office: (941) 408-1540
New Student Orientation Begins:
Summer & Fall 2014: Monday, April 7, 2014
Transfer Students will receive the link and access instructions to the New Student Orientation virtual module via email. At the completion of the NSO virtual module, you will be able to register for classes within 24 hours, provided that you do not have any holds that prevent registration. Transfer students with questions or who encounter problems should contact the Advising Center at (941) 752-5035.