Graduation Application and Ceremony Checklists
Spring 2017 Priority Deadline - Friday, January 20, 2017
Spring 2017 Hard Deadline - Friday, April 21, 2017
*Spring 2017 Graduation Application Review begins in late January/early February.*
|Semester||Priority Deadline||Hard Deadline|
|Fall 2016||Friday, September 9, 2016||Friday, December 2, 2016|
|Spring 2017||Friday, January 20, 2017||Friday, April 21, 2017|
|Summer A 2017||Thursday, June 1, 2017||Thursday, June 8, 2017|
|Summer B 2017||Thursday, June 1, 2017||Thursday July 20, 2017|
|Summer C 2017||Thursday, June 1, 2017||Thursday July 20, 2017|
Priority Deadline - when you submit your application on or before the published semester priority deadline, you are guaranteed the following perks:
- Your name printed in the Graduation Ceremony program
- OGA (Outstanding Graduate Award) consideration
- Maximum number of Graduation Ceremony guest tickets
Hard Deadline - In order to apply for the semester you're graduating in, you must submit your application by the published semester hard deadline. Applications received after this date will be considered for the next available graduation application cycle.
When Do I Apply?
Apply after you have registered for your last semester. You are not required to wait until the end of your last semester to apply. For example, if you are planning on graduating in the Spring semester, you should apply to graduate after you register for your courses in late October/early November.
What If My Plans Change After I Apply?
Please notify your advisor and our Graduation Specialist as soon as you know. We may be able to shift your application to the following semester without you having to re-apply.
1. Complete the Graduation Application in its entirety (link is provided above); please make sure you have READ and SIGNED the document before submitting for review.
2. Submit the online Pre-Grad Survey at www.scf.edu/PreGradSurvey. You do not need to print the confirmation and reapplications are not required to redo the survey.
3. Pay $20.00 Graduation Fee to Cashier online, by phone or in person. Reapplications and certificates have no fee.
4. Complete and submit the graduation application by the published semester deadline (posted above) via e-mail (preferred), in person, fax or mail to Educational Records after steps 1-3 are completed.
Checklist for Participating in the Graduation Ceremony
1. After you have completed and submitted your Graduation Application by the posted deadline (listed above), check your SCF student email for application status updates.
2. Once an email is received, complete the Online Graduation Attendance Form by the posted semester deadline (listed above).
Spring Ceremony: Friday, May 5, 2017 Registration coming soon!
3. Check your SCF Student Email for updates regarding the Outstanding Graduate Award (OGA), Guest Ticket distribution, Regalia, new Graduation and Alumni items available at the SCF Bookstore, and more!
4. Visit and review the Graduation Ceremony Information webpage early and often for information regarding the ceremony!