Yellow Ribbon Program
Honorably discharged Veteran students should refer to the C.W. Young Tuition Waiver Program. Click here for more information.
Under the Yellow Ribbon Program, an institution of higher learning can contribute a specified dollar amount towards the amount not covered by Chapter 33, and VA will match up to 50% of the contributed amount. Participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program is strictly limited to veterans receiving Chapter 33 educational benefits payable at the maximum award amount of 100%. Dependents (excluding spouses) entitled to Chapter 33 Transfer of Entitlement (TOE) benefits are also eligible to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
- Must be a veteran or TOE dependent awarded Post 9/11 GI Bill at the 100% benefit level
- Must have a Certificate of Eligibility (CoE) on file with Veteran Service
- Must be in good academic standing (as calculated for VA purposes and defined in the SCF catalog) and must remain in accordance with the SCF Student Code of Conduct
- Must maintain a minimum cumulative overall GPA of 2.0
- Must be classified as a non-Florida resident
- Must be a degree seeking student at State College of Florida
- Served at least 36 months or more on active duty
- Served at least 30 continuous days on active duty, and were discharged due to a service-connected disability
Individuals not Eligible for Yellow Ribbon:
- Active Duty Personnel
- Spouses of Active Duty personnel using Transferred Entitlement (TOE)
- Fry Scholarship recipients
- Non-degree seeking students
How it works:
The maximum number of students per VA academic year (August 1st - July 31st) will be 6 students: 3 from Bradenton and 3 from Venice. Applications will be accepted on an annual basis, beginning on July 1st. The applications will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students who remain continuously enrolled (two semesters per academic year) will remain eligible for consecutive years of which SCF maintains an approved Yellow Ribbon Agreement with VA. The maximum SCF contribution per student will be limited to $4166.00 per academic year.
VA will match each dollar SCF contributes up to 50% of the difference between the basic tuition and fees amount payable by VA and the tuition and fee amount charged the student. The combined school and VA contribution can’t exceed the tuition and fee amount charged to the student.
Student is enrolled in 12 credit hours, and is classified as a non-resident (figures are not actual cost):
|Non-Resident Tuition and Fees||$4500.00*|
|Post 9/11 GI Bill Covers (instate cost)||$1500.00*|
|Amount Not Covered||$3000.00*|
|Yellow Ribbon Contribution||$1500.00*|
* Figures do not reflect actual cost of tuition & fees, or actual Yellow Ribbon/SCF contributions.
The student above has used $1500.00 of the maximum $4166.00 (SCF contribution) allotted for the academic year. The student has a remaining $2666.00 that may be used to cover the cost of tuition and fees not covered by the Post 9/11 GI Bill.
Applications are received on a first-come first-serve basis. You may submit the application via one of the following methods:
- Email email@example.com.
- Fax: Bradenton (941) 727-6322, Venice (941) 497-8217.
- Bring application to the Office of Veteran Services, on the Bradenton or Venice campus.
Click below to download and print the Yellow Ribbon Application