The Florida Pre-paid plan is fully automated beginning with the Fall 2013 term. This includes traditional pre-paid plans and plans offered by Take Stock in Children (TSIC). The Florida Pre-paid card is no longer accepted as it is not needed to ensure funding any longer.
To ensure timely funding students must:
- Be accepted to the State College of Florida AND have registered for classes.
- Complete the student verification page in the “add/drop classes” section of their Connect account; students will opt in/out of using their Florida pre-paid* plan from this page each term.
- Ensure social security number is correct with SCF Educational Records & the Florida Prepaid account records.
- Register for classes EARLY as the process can take up to 7-10 business days to authorize and minimize schedule changes as there will be a delay in updating information.
- Review account balances prior to the tuition payment deadlines posted in the academic calendar and accept responsibility for paying any fees outside the scope of the pre-paid plan.
- Be responsible for understanding their pre-paid plan and its terms and conditions.
- Contact Florida Prepaid each term to ensure their account remains in good standing and additional information is not required from the State (Survey Status requests).
*students who opted out of the program that later change their mind, must submit a written request to the Cashiering Office to have their award reinstated.
Students with inquiries about the Florida Pre-Paid Program should contact: 1-800-552-4723
- Press Prompt 1 - Enrollment Information
- Press Prompt 2 - Current Prepaid Customer Account Information
- Press Prompt 3 - Current Investment Customer Account Information
-Pre-Paid Plans from Other States: Students should submit authorization cards/letters each year to the Office of Financial Aid
-Florida 529 College Savings Plans- are not included in the pre-paid plan. Students shall coordinate with the plan administrator to have check issued.