Students planning to transfer to an upper division college or university are advised to:
• Meet with an SCF Student Services Advisor periodically to discuss educational and career goals.
• Utilize www.flvc.org, the state of Florida's online advising system, which includes planning outlines for each major as well as information on admission, financial aid, scholarships and special programs.
• Check foreign language requirement(s) of the intended transfer institution. Some institutions have special requirements regarding course selection, admission and program entrance.
• Review a catalog (hard copy or online) of the intended transfer institution.
• Submit an application for transfer admission as early as possible. Many colleges and universities suggest applying at least one year in advance. Submit official copies of all transcripts (high school and college) along with the admissions application. Check with the transfer institution on priority admission application deadlines.
• Visit the campus of the intended transfer institution. Check into housing, food and parking options.
• Complete all CLAS requirements.
• Apply for graduation from State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota by the posted deadline. Applications for graduation can be obtained in Educational Records. For students pursuing the associate in science degree, associate in applied science degree and certificate academic programs at State College of Florida, academic advisement is provided by each department office. Program managers guide students through course selection and work in coordination with the SCF career resource center in providing information and services on career exploration.
Student Development Advisors are available to meet with students Monday through Friday during the Fall and Spring terms.
Local Public Baccalaureate Options
Florida State Universities
Florida A & M University
Florida Atlantic University
Florida Gulf Coast University
Florida International University
Florida State University
New College of Florida
University of Central Florida
University of Florida
University of North Florida
University of South Florida
University of West Florida
SCF students do have success transferring to other Colleges and Universities in the state of Florida.
For information regarding institutions outside of the State University System,
please use the resources below.
Helpful transfer sites
links to more than 7,500 colleges
provides a college search and comparison tool
college search service
provides college and scholarship search
provides links to SCF catalogs
Upper Division/Transfer Liaison: