New Student Orientation
The purpose of New Student Orientation (NSO) is to assist students with the tools necessary to be successful at State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota (SCF) . NSO is mandatory for all new degree-seeking and transfer students prior to registering for their first term.
NSO will provide students with information on the following:
- academic / learning support resources
- important deadlines
- SCF policies and procedures
- course registration
- answer any questions you may have about college life at SCF
Prior to Attending An Orientation:
- submit an Application for Admission and be admitted to SCF
- have a Student ID number (G00xxxxxx)
- have taken the SCF placement test or submitted SAT/ACT scores to Educational Records. (scores must be less than 2 years old) or have exempt/non-exempt status of testing based on high school transcript
Students may complete either an online or an in-person orientation. First time in college and transfer students are invited via their personal email to schedule their new student orientation in person or online after they have completed the "prior to attending" steps above. In person orientations are for students only. For any questions regarding scheduling a new student orientation, please call the Admissions Office at 941-752-5050.
The Parent Orientation video below is designed to give parents an overview of State College of Florida, its programs, and information on how to support your student during his or her transition to college. In-person student orientations are designated for students only. We encourage parents and family members to visit SCF by scheduling a campus tour.