Apply to SCF
Attending College for the First Time
Please submit the following to the Admissions Office by the published deadlines prior to the beginning of the term for which you are applying:
- Admissions Application and $75 fee
- Proof of English Proficiency see more
- TOEFL scores sent directly to SCF: Computer-Based test – 173; Written-Based test – 500; Internet-Based test – 61
- Official U.S, high school transcript with graduation date or U.S. state issued G.E.D. scores, in English
- Successful completion of an Intensive English Program from a U.S. college/university or from an ELS Learning Center
- Acceptable IELTS scores sent directly to SCF: minimum of 6.5 bands
- Official transcript with successful completion of an associate degree or higher from a U.S. College or University
- Proof of high school/secondary education showing it is equivalent to a US high school diploma. see more
- International high school graduates: All applicants who have graduated from a high school outside the U.S., please click here for transcript requirements.
- Students with International College: All applicants who have attended a university or college outside the U.S., please click here for transcript requirements.
- Proof of Financial Support of $30,000 U.S. Dollars - Click here for acceptable documentation
- COPY of Passport
- Emergency Contact Form
- Health Insurance
- International Student Responsibilities
- COPY of Current Visa, or I-94 Card (if applicable)
Transferring from another College or University
In addition to the requirements listed in the Attending College for the First Time section, transfer students will be asked to submit the following documents:
- Visa Clearance Form from State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota and completed by the previous school.
- A copy of the current I-20 or the I-94 card (both sides). Once the student arrives in the local area, the International Student Services Office needs to view the originals.
- Student who attended U.S. colleges must request official, final transcripts be sent directly to the Admissions and Records office from each previously attended college. These can be mailed to: SCF, Admissions and Educational Records, P. O. Box 1849, Bradenton, FL 34206.
- Students who attended international colleges/universities are required to submit original, course-by-course and document evaluations. Students
should contact the company directly to determine what documents are needed for them
to provide the service. Credential evaluation information click here.
- Course descriptions, including English translations, done by a certified translator, will be required.
- Please Note: Only original credential evaluations will be accepted by the SCF Educational Records Office.
Already Accepted by SCF...Next Steps to Enroll
International students who have been accepted at SCF need to do the following to enroll in the College:
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in your home country to apply for the F-1 student visa. U.S. Embassies around the world can take from 5 days up to 4 months to process an I-20; therefore, the student must inform SCF of their embassy's processing time, in order for the appropriate starting date to be entered on the student's I-20.
- Students are required to go to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) website at SEVIS I-901 FEE to complete form I-901 and pay the I-901. The receipt from paying the SEVIS I-901 fee is required for the interview at the U.S. embassy. Please Note: This fee is in addition to the normal interview fees the embassy may charge.
- The U.S. government permits students to arrive in the U.S. up to 30 days prior to the start of classes. This time is invaluable to take any placement tests, attend New Student Orientation, register for classes, become familiar with the area, and find housing.
- Make an appointment to take the College Placement Tests.
- After you have completed your placement testing, please schedule your new student orientation appointment.