Transfer Students from U.S. High Schools
What is needed for the transfer is listed below:
1. A State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota (SCF) Admissions Application along with the $75.00 application fee.
[Please note: The Online Admissions Application is NOT for International Students who are on some type of visa. Please download the SCF Admissions Application by clicking on the blue underlined words, then mail the completed application to the SCF Educational Records along with the $75.00 application fee.]
2. A Visa Clearance Form completed by the previous school.
3. The student will have to take the State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota Mathematics, Reading, and English placement tests, unless the student has an ACT or SAT less than two years old.
4. A photocopy of current SEVIS I-20 and I-94 card (both sides). Once the student arrives in the local area, the International Student Services Office needs to view the originals.
5. A photocopy of the picture page showing the expiration page in the student's passport, along with a copy of the current visa, I-94 card and current I-20. Once the student arrives in the local area, the International Student Services Office needs to view the originals.
6. The student must prove successful completion of secondary education by having official high school transcripts mailed directly to SCF Educational Records from the U.S. high school.
7. Proof of financial support. See this information at Financial Requirements.
8.Proof of Health/Accident Insurance. Health/Accident Insurance: This site lists Health/Accident Insurance Companies as well as the required Health/Accident Insurance Form. This form must be submitted with the above required documents or submitted upon arrival in the United States. This form should be on file in the International Student Services Office after the I-20AB has been issued to the student AND BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS. Failure to do so will prevent any future class registration until the Health/Accident Insurance Form is submitted and approved.
9. Once all of the above has been submitted, reviewed and accepted by the International Student Services Office in the Educational Records office of the Student Services Building at SCF Bradenton, the student must:
- Contact the current school to electronically transfer the current SEVIS I-20 to SCF.
- Pick up the new I-20 from the International Student Services Office at SCF. Students must contact the international
Student Services Office to make arrangements for obtaining their new I-20.
- If the student wishes to travel, the student must use the new I-20 from SCF to re-enter the U.S.
- If the student decides to stay home for more than five (5) months, the student must contact the International Student Services Office at SCF with
the planned date of return to SCF, so that a new I-20 may be completed for the student's
re-entry into the U.S.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy for an interview to get a new Visa, even if the visa may be still current. If the Embassy says that the student does
not need a new Visa, ask the Embassy for a written statement to be used for re-entry
into the U.S. This may be done via e-mail.
- Please note: When contacting the Embassy to renew the Visa, ask if the first SEVIS I-901 form and fee are still valid. The student should take a copy of the receipt from the first I-901 to the interview.
10. Now the student is ready to make plans for housing while enrolled at State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota. SCF does not have student dormitories. Students need to locate their own housing: Our Local Housing page gives suggestions to help locate available housing.
11. The U.S. government permits students to arrive in the U.S. up to 30 days prior to the start of classes. This time is invaluable to take any placement tests, register for classes, go through Orientation, become familiar with the area, find housing, and attend the required immigration meeting.
Every F-1 student new to the College is required to attend the Immigration Meeting at the beginning of Fall or Spring Semester These meetings are now online please go to: http://www.scf.edu/content/PDF/Registrar/International_Students_Topics_of_Concern.pdf once completed email Karen Armstrong at: firstname.lastname@example.org and give her your name, country and mention you completed the online meeting.