Student Services

Transfer Students from U.S. Colleges or Universities

Work Hours

What is needed for the transfer is listed below:

1. A State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota Admissions Application along with the $75.00 application fee. [Please note: The Online Admissions Application is NOT for International Students who are on some type of visa or other immigration status. Please download the SCF Admissions Application by clicking on the blue underlined words, then mail the completed application to us along with the $75.00 application fee.]

2. Visa Clearance Form from State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota and completed by the previous school.

3. Official transcripts from the previous school must be requested to be sent directly to Educational Records at the State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota. If the student successfully completed college-level English and/or Math, the student will not have to take the placement test.

4. A copy of the current I-20 and the I-94 card (both sides). Once the student arrives in the local area, the International Student Services Office needs to view the originals.

5. A copy of the picture page showing the expiration page in the student's passport, along with a copy of the current visa, I-94 card and current I-20. Once the student arrives in the local area, the International Student Services Office needs to view the originals.

6. Secondary Education:  An original, document evaluation prepared by a credential evaluation company, who is a member of NACES, is required to show the equivalent of a high school diploma in the U.S.

7. Proof of financial support. See this information at Financial Requirements.

8. Proof of Health/Accident Insurance. Health/Accident Insurance: This site lists Health/Accident Insurance Companies as well as the required Health/Accident Insurance Form. This form must be submitted with the above required documents or submitted upon arrival in the United States. This form should be on file in the International Student Services Office after the I-20AB has been issued to the student AND BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS. Failure to do so will prevent any future class registration until the Health/Accident Insurance Form is submitted and approved. 

9. Once all of the above has been submitted, reviewed and accepted by the International Student Services Office in the Educational Records of the Student Services Building at SCF Bradenton, the student must:

  • Contact the current school to electronically transfer the current SEVIS I-20 to SCF.
  • Pick up the new I-20 from the International Student Services Office at SCF. Students must contact the international Student Services Office to make arrangements for obtaining their new I-20.
  • If the student wishes to travel, the student must use the new I-20 from SCF to re-enter the U.S.
  • If the student decides to stay home for more than five (5) months, the student must contact the International Student Services Office at SCF with the planned date of return to SCF, so that a new I-20 may be completed for the student's re-entry into the U.S.
  • Contact the U.S. Embassy for an interview to get a new Visa, even if the visa may be still current. If the Embassy says that the student does not need a new Visa, ask the Embassy for a written statement to be used for re-entry into the U.S. This may be done via e-mail.
  • Please note: When contacting the Embassy to renew the Visa, ask if the first SEVIS I-901 form and fee are still valid. The student should take a copy of the receipt from the first I-901 to the interview.

10. Now the student is ready to make plans for housing while enrolled at State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota. SCF does not have student dormitories. Students need to locate their own housing: Our Local Housing page gives suggestions to help locate available housing.

11. The U.S. government permits students to arrive in the U.S. up to 30 days prior to the start of classes. This time is invaluable to take any placement tests, register for classes, go through Orientation, become familiar with the area, find housing, and attend the required immigration meeting.



Page Eng