Florida Student Assistance Grant (FSAG)
The Florida Student Assistance Grant (FSAG) Program is a need-based grant program available to degree-seeking, resident, undergraduate students who demonstrate substantial financial need and are enrolled in participating postsecondary institutions.
To be eligible for this grant, the student must meet these requirements each academic year:
- Complete a FAFSA .
- Your FAFSA should be processed by SCF's deadline date. Funds are limited. There is no guarantee you will receive these funds. You must apply early.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- Must have been a Florida resident for at least one year.
- Be a degree-seeking student (A.A.S., A.A., A.S., or bachelor's degree program).
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours.
- Have a Pell-eligible Expected Family Contribution, as determined by the FAFSA.
- Have not previously received a bachelor's degree.
- Must not owe a repayment or be in default under any state or federal grant or loan program.
- Must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress at SCF.
FSAG awards have specific completion renewal requirements that are different from the minimum SAP Completion Ratio requirements.
- Full-time enrolled (24 credits) students must complete 24 hours.
- Three-quarter time enrolled (18 credits) students must complete 18 hours.
- Half-time enrolled (12 credits) students must complete 12 hours.
Financial aid services will verify your eligibility based on the information submitted on your FAFSA.
More information on the Florida Student Assistance Grant.