First Generation Matching Grant (FGMG)
The First Generation Matching Grant Program (FGMG) is a need-based grant program available to undergraduate students who demonstrate substantial financial need. The State of Florida appropriates these funds.
Award amounts vary based on available funds.
To be eligible for this grant, the student must meet these requirements each academic year:
- Complete a FAFSA.
- Your FAFSA should be processed by SCF's deadline date for the upcoming academic year. Funds are limited. There is no guarantee you will receive these funds. You must apply early.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- Must have been a Florida resident for at least one year.
- Be a degree-seeking student (A.A.S., A.A., A.S., or bachelor's degree program).
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours.
- Must not owe a repayment or be in default under any state or federal grant or loan program.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Have not have previously received a bachelor's degree.
- Be a first generation college student. A student is considered "first generation" if neither of the student's parents have earned a college degree.
- Must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
Financial aid services will verify your eligibility based on the information submitted on your FAFSA.
More information on the First Generation Matching Grant (FGMG)