Non-Degree Seeking Student
A non-degree seeking student is a student who has not applied to a degree-seeking program. There are many different types of non-degree seeking students – transient students, continuing education, corporate/community development, or someone who simply wants to take classes for personal enrichment or to increase his or her skill level.
Transient students (those who are earning a degree at a college or university other than SCF, but wish to take a class here) should seek the proper transient student/cross-enrollment forms from their home institution in order to transfer credits. Check with your advisor to make sure that the courses you take at SCF will properly transfer to your institution.
Continuing Education and Corporate and Community Development students can find more information at: http://www.scf.edu/CorporateCommunityDevelopment/default.asp
How to Enroll as a Non-Degree Seeking Student:
- Apply online as a non-degree seeking student
- Visit the Academic Calendar to determine when you can register for classes.
- Visit SCF Connect when your registration window opens and register for classes.
Things to Remember:
- Most students are not limited to the number of credits that can be earned. Depending upon the student’s high school diploma and/or placement test score, a non-degree student must register and enroll the next term in appropriate college-level or college prep courses in English, mathematics and reading until the college prep sequence is completed. In addition, no student will be admitted to courses designed for restricted programs. Prerequisites for courses will not be waived and placement test scores will be required for English, mathematics and reading courses.
- High school and/or college transfer transcripts are not required, and if submitted, will not be evaluated.
- This type of student may not receive financial aid, veteran benefits or scholarships.
- If, at some time during this type of admission, a student wishes to become degree-seeking, the student must reapply and submit all documentation required of a degree-seeking student to the Admissions office at SCF.
*Students who are non-degree-seeking are not eligible for financial aid. See the Financial Aid website for additional details.
For questions or to submit your documentation, email SCF Non-Degree at: email@example.com