How to Apply
The Outstanding Graduate Award recognizes a graduating student who has shown superior leadership, academic achievement, and community service while attending SCF.
How do I apply?To be considered for the Spring 2014 Outstanding Graduate Award, a student must complete the online Outstanding Graduate Award application by the March 14 (4:00 p.m.) deadline.
The online application will ask that you complete the following information:
- Spring 2014 Outstanding Graduate Award online application.
- Provide short answers to the following questions on a separate sheet:
- Which individual accomplishment at SCF are you most proud of and why?
- What advice would you share with new students to help them be successful at SCF?
- How has SCF made a difference in your life?
- What are your plans after graduating from SCF?
- RESUME: Upload a résumé listing all relevant curricular, co-curricular, and community-service activities. For résumé assistance, visit the SCF Career Resource Center.
- RECOMMENDATIONS: The Outstanding Graduate Award requires three (3) letters of recommendation. One (1) recommendation must be from the individual who is serving as your nominator. One (1) recommendation must be from a faculty member (baccalaureate students must use an upper lever faulty member. And One (1) recommendation may come from a person of your choice.
- TRANSCRIPTS: Unofficial SCF Transcript printed from SCFConnect and upload to your application.
When is the application deadline?
Online applications will be accepted beginning Monday, February 10, 2014, through Friday, March 14, 2014, at 4:00 p.m. The online application system will not be available after 4:00 p.m.
Where do I submit my Outstanding Graduate Award application materials?
Outstanding Graduate Award applications and supporting documents must be completed online at http://www.scffoundation.net/scholarships/applying.htm.
How will the Outstanding Graduate Award finalists be selected?
After the application deadline, all applications and materials will be distributed to a selection committee. The selection committee will evaluate the applications and materials to determine who will be selected as the Spring 2014 Outstanding Graduate Award finalists.
When will the Outstanding Graduate Award finalists be selected?
The selection committee will choose the Spring 2014 Outstanding Graduate and finalists in late March. Applicants can expect to be notified of their status the week of April 4,, 2014.
What is expected of me if I am selected as one of the Spring 2014 Outstanding Graduate Award finalists?
The Outstanding Graduate Award recipient and finalists are expected to:
- Attend and be seated on stage at the graduation ceremony.
- Provide a brief biography to SCF Public Affairs & Marketing to be used for a press release and inclusion in the graduation program.
- Have picture taken by SCF Public Affairs & Marketing.
Who should I contact if I have questions about the Spring 2014 Outstanding Graduate Award?
Contact: Michelle Puls, Student Life Coordinator, (941) 752-5607 or email@example.com