How to Apply
The Outstanding Graduate Award recognizes a graduating student who has shown
superior leadership, academic achievement, and community service while attending
How do I apply?
To be considered for the Fall 2014 Outstanding Graduate Award, a student must complete the online Outstanding Graduate
Award application by the October 17 (midnight) deadline.
The online application will ask that you complete the following information:
- Fall 2014 Outstanding Graduate Award online application.
- Provide short answers to the following questions on a separate sheet:
- Which individual accomplishment at SCF are you most proud of and why?
- What advice would you share with new students to help them be successful at SCF?
- How has SCF made a difference in your life?
- What are your plans after graduating from SCF?
- RESUME: Upload a résumé listing all relevant curricular, co-curricular, and community-service
activities. For résumé assistance, visit the SCF Career Resource Center.
- Nomination: SCF Faculty or Staff member must nominate you for the Outstanding Graduate
- RECOMMENDATIONS: The Outstanding Graduate Award requires three (3) letters of recommendation.
One (1) recommendation must be from a faculty member (baccalaureate students must
use an upper lever faulty member. And two (2) recommendation may come from a person of your choice.
- TRANSCRIPTS: Unofficial SCF Transcript printed from SCFConnect and upload to your
NOTE: Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the committee.
When is the application deadline?
Online applications will be accepted beginning Monday, September 8 through Friday, October 17, at Midnight. The online application
system will not be available after Midnight.
Where do I submit my Outstanding Graduate Award application materials?
Outstanding Graduate Award applications and supporting documents must be completed
How will the Outstanding Graduate Award finalists be selected?
After the application deadline, all applications and materials will be distributed
to a selection committee. The selection committee will evaluate the applications and
materials to determine who will be selected as the Fall 2014 Outstanding Graduate Award finalists.
When will the Outstanding Graduate Award finalists be selected?
The selection committee will choose the Fall 2014 Outstanding Graduate and finalists in late March. Applicants can expect
to be notified of their status the week of November 3, 2014.
What is expected of me if I am selected as one of the Fall 2014 Outstanding Graduate
The Outstanding Graduate Award recipient and finalists are expected to:
- Attend and be seated on stage at the graduation ceremony.
- Provide a brief biography to SCF Public Affairs & Marketing to be used for a press
release and inclusion in the graduation program.
- Have picture taken by SCF Public Affairs & Marketing.
Who should I contact if I have questions about the Fall 2014 Outstanding Graduate Award?
Contact: Michelle Puls, Student Life Coordinator, (941) 752-5607 or email@example.com