Graduation Requirements & Approval Process
All students must meet the requirements for the degree and/or certificate program for which they are submitting an application for graduation.
Graduation Requirements and Approval Process
The steps in the graduation approval process apply to ALL degree and certificate programs:
1. Students must be approved for graduation by the Educational Records Office after submitting the graduation application by the published hard deadline.
2. An overall and a cumulative grade point average of 2.00 (C) must be achieved in the student's total credit program. The overall grade point average includes work attempted at previously attended institutions.
3. At least 25% of the hours of course credit required for degree/certificate must be completed at SCF.
4. All candidates eligible for the Associate in Arts degree, the Associate in Science degree, the Bachelor of Applied Science and the Bachelor of Science degree are encouraged to be present at graduation.
5. Students are reminded that regardless of their receipt of the Associate in Arts degree, a "D" used to satisfy their degree requirements might not transfer, subject to the regulations of the college or university that they plan to enter.
6. In accordance with Florida Department of Education Administrative Rule Number 6A-10.030, all students prior to the receipt of an Associate in Arts degree are mandated to complete satisfactorily 12 semester hours of courses that include written assignments demonstrating college-level writing skills.
7. The Educational Records Office conducts an initial review of students' course requirements and notifies students through their SCF email account of their application status (typically within 8 weeks after the published priority deadline).
8. Following completion of all graduation requirements, the Educational Records conducts a final review, approves and certifies each graduate.
When will diplomas be mailed?
The Educational Records Office staff prints the diplomas, indicates honors if applicable, including participation in the Phi Theta Kappa Society, and mails the diploma and complimentary official transcript to each graduate approximately 6-8 weeks after the last day of the graduating semester.
If you have any questions, please contact the Educational Records Office at: