Registered DRC students approved for notetaking accommodations must practice self-advocacy and take an active role in identifying a volunteer notetaker.
HOW DO I GET A NOTETAKER?
1) Ask a student you may know or observe someone in your class who takes comprehensive notes. Ask this person if they are willing to serve as a notetaker.
2) If you are unable to secure a notetaker or you feel uncomfortable approaching another student, follow the steps listed below:
- Complete the bottom section of the Notetaker Request Form
- Give the form to your instructor to read to the class. The instructor will not reveal your identity.
- The instructor will give the form to the volunteer notetaker.
- The volunteer notetaker will contact the DRC to make arrangements for delivery of class notes.
3) Work with your instructor to identify a "class notetaker.” This may be:
- One student for the duration of the semester or;
- The responsibility for notes rotates among participants in the class so that no one student is responsible every day.
4) If you have followed all of these steps and are unsuccessful, please contact the DRC Office.
HOW TO DO I GET MY NOTES?
Delivery options include:
- Pick-up at the DRC Office front desk.
- Pick-up from the volunteer notetaker after class
- Pick-up from your instructor after class
- Scanned and emailed to your SCF email
*Document available in alternate format