Early College / Dual Enrollment Testing
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS:
1. Obtain an Early College / Dual Enrollment Application from your high school.
2. Submit the completed application to the SCF Educational Records department on the Bradenton or Venice campus.
3. Once the application has been processed, the student will receive an SCF student identification number.
- All early college - dual enrollment testers MUST have a SCF student ID number before making an appointment for placement testing.
- Test dates are available for individual DE testing appointments at scf.edu/testing - follow the links to Dual Enrollment Placement Testing (P.E.R.T.).
- If you must reschedule please see the directions on Rescheduling an appointment.
- All testers must have a valid photo ID.
- All testers are strongly encouraged to prepare for the P.E.R.T. placement test so that the test accurately reflects your placement in reading, writing and mathematics.
- Access the free P.E.R.T. study guide and several SCF practice tests at Placement Test Preparation Resources.
- Scores for each section range from 50-150.
- Students who score a 123+ on the P.E.R.T. math section qualify to take the College Level Math (CLM) Test for placement into a higher level math class.
- Each subsection of the test consists of 30 questions.
- The projected time frame per subsection is approximately 60 minutes. The placement test is not timed, however, it must be finished on the same day. When making appointments, it is the student's responsibility to allow enough time to finish.
- P.E.R.T. testing for Early College / Dual Enrollment purposes is permitted twice per calendar year and once per SCF term.
Please contact Nicole Kirchberg, Early College Coordinator at email@example.com for question about the Early College - Dual Enrollment program at SCF.