State College of Florida-Academic Affairs Testing
Class Make-Up Exams
Student Services, through the Assessment/Testing Centers (ATC) on Bradenton and Venice campuses, offers an extensive program of group and individual testing designed to meet the needs of students. The ATC offers Academic Affairs testing [i.e.; make-up exams, and accommodated testing.]
The following testing guidelines have been established to ensure accessibility and ease for instructors and students using the services of the Assessment & Testing Center.
- Test Referral Forms are available on each campus at the Assessment / Testing Centers or at scf.edu/testing.
- Schedule an appointment online at Assessment / Testing Center webpage (scf.edu/testing). All testing is done by appointment.
- Student completes STUDENT SECTION (section 1) of the Test Referral Form.
- Deliver the test referral form with the completed student section #1 to the instructor 5 business days prior to the scheduled test date.
- Schedule appointments online at scf.edu/testing.
- Students must present a valid photo I.D. (valid driver's license or SCF picture I.D).
- Students who miss a scheduled test time due to illness or other events must notify the Assessment/Testing Center and make arrangements with the instructor for an alternate testing date and time.
- Complete the Instructor Section of the Test Referral Form and deliver to the ATC 3 business days prior to the testing.
- Forms are available at the ATC on either campus or at scf.edu/testing
- If the student requires special accommodations as recommended by the Disability Resource Center, it is the student's responsibility to notify the Assessment/Testing Center.
- Instructors must provide scantron or answer sheets. If scantron or answer sheets are not provided, students will be instructed to write on the test.
- Instructors should indicate how the tests will be returned on the Test Referral Form
- Students who miss a scheduled test time should make arrangements with the instructor for an alternate testing date and time.
- ATC personnel are unable to make corrections or answer questions regarding test content. Students with questions will be referred to the instructor.
- If a student is caught cheating, a testing irregularity report will be completed, attached to the test and sent to the instructor. Video, when available, will be supplied to the instructor.
- Testing is scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis. If the ATC reaches capacity, students will be referred to the instructor for accommodations.
- A photo I.D. (valid driver's license or SCF picture I.D.) is required to take a test in the Assessment/Testing Center.