Title III, Student College Prep
READING 0002 - CPT Standards
REA 0002 Course Standards
The student, at the completion of this course, should be able to:
- Identify word meanings based on knowledge of context clues.
- Recognize main ideas in paragraphs and longer reading selections.
- Recognize major details in paragraphs.
- Identify transition words in paragraphs.
- Identify patterns in paragraph organization.
- Distinguish between statements of fact and opinion.
- Identify author's purpose in a reading selection.
- Demonstrate the ability to draw logical inferences based on a reading selection.
- Identify author's tone in a reading selection.
- Recognize common logical fallacies in arguments.
At the end of the term, REA0002 students who have maintained a "C" average will take the Florida College Basic Skills Test (Reading Exit Exam),
For more information about the Reading Exit Exam: [ click ]