Title III, EAP 0420 Student's Resources
Reading Level IV
EAP 0420, Reading IV, is designed to improve critical reading skills and to prepare students for college level reading in all academic disciplines
At the completion of EAP 420, students should be able to:
- Adjust reading rate according to text.
- Understand new words given in a clear context.
- Use textual cues to comprehend meaning and structure of text.
- Make appropriate inferences.
- Understand the author's purpose, point of view, and tone.
- Understand texts that are either conceptually or linguisticallycomplex.
- Understand common cultural references