Title III, Student Resources,
EAP 0160 Grammar I, Practice Exit Exam
Instructions: Circle the answer that correctly completes each sentence.
1. Sara is late. ____________ watch is slow.
a. my b. she c. her d. its
2. A: ___________ is the supermarket open?
B: It's open from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. every day.
a. where b. how c. why d. when
3. ________ are confused. Please help __________.
a. We / us b. I / me c. You / they d. Him/ he
4. Dorota doesn't have ____________ information about the college.
a. much b. many
5. Pedro watches ___________ TV programs on the weekends.
a. much b. many
6. ___________ homework do you have tonight?
a. How much b. How many
7. There are ___________ gas stations near our school.
a. any b. no c. not d. much
8. Marta ___________ to work at 8:00 every morning.
a. is going b. go c. goes d. am going
9. John ___________ pizza. He ________ it every Saturday night.
a. love/ is eating b. love/ eats c. is loving/ is eating d. loves/ eats
10. It is 1:00 on Saturday afternoon. Right now, Lisa _____________ lunch, and Victor
_______________ his car.
a. is having / is fixing b. has/ is fixing c. is having/ fixing d. has/ fixes
11. A: ____________is applying for the job?
B: David is.
a. How many b. Who c. What kind d. When
12. A: _______________ is the interview going to be?
B: On the second floor of the Bank of America building.
a. Where b. When c. Who d. How
Instructions: For questions 13-17, find the correct words and write them in the past tense.
make cook tell give go do put
13. We _______________home after class.
14. Leonid ____________ Liya how to fix her computer.
15. Halina ____________ some mistakes in her interview.
16. Ana _______________her homework last night.
17. The noise __________ me a headache.
Instructions: Write the question that goes with each answer.
18. A: ____________________________________________ ? B: Yes, those shoes are comfortable.
19. A: _________________________________________? B: Yes, there are some coupons in the newspaper.
20. A: _____________________________________________ ? B: I'm going to the bank.
21. A: _____________________________________________ ? B: No, I don't know Simon's wife.
22. A: ______________________________________________ ? B: No, I didn't make dinner.
Instructions: Circle the answers that best complete the following dialogue.
Amy: Do Mary and her sister like music?
Ed: __________________ a. Yes, she does. b. Yes, they are. c. Yes, they do. (23)
Amy: Is Mary playing the piano now?
Ed: __________________ a. Yes, she is. b. Yes, she does. c. Yes, she playing. (24)
Amy: Did she play the piano at the party last night?
a. No, she doesn't. b. No, she isn't. c. No, she didn't. (25)
Instructions: Write each word below in its - ing form and in its 3rd person form.
- ing 3rd person
Example: need needing needs
26. try ______________ 27. ______________
28. wait ______________ 29. ______________
30. sit ______________ 31. ______________
32. wash ______________ 33. ______________
34. plan ______________ 35. ______________
36. invite ______________ 37. ______________
Instructions: Circle the answer that best completes the sentence.
38. Small children ______________ sit in the front seat of a car. It is the law.
a. should not b. must not c. don't have to
39. Jim doesn't have a car. He ______________ take the bus to work.
a. has to b. wants c. must
40. John exercises at the gym five days a week. He _______________ goes to the gym.
a. sometimes b. always c. often d. rarely
41. Christina wakes up early every day. She only sleeps late on her vacation.
Christina ___________ sleeps late.
a. never b. usually c. often d. rarely
Instructions: Using the words below, write sentences in the future using "be going to".
42. Tina/ move/next week:
43. Tina and Ed /rent/a new apartment: ______________________________________________________.
Instructions: Use the picture and the words in parenthesis to make sentences using the comparative and superlative. Don't forget to add "the" when necessary.
44. Box A is _________________________(small) than Box B.
45. Box C is __________________________ (expensive) than Box A.
46. Box C is ___________________________(big) box.
47 . Box B has ________________________(good) price.
Instructions: Write a negative answer to each question. Use a short answer.
48. A: Are Boris and Jenny washing their car? B: No, ________________________________.
49. A: Does your son have a bicycle? B: No, _________________________.
50. A: Did Mrs. Smith call you? B: No, __________________________.