Title III, EAP 0140 Student Resource,
EAP 0140 PRACTICE FINAL EXAM
You have one class period to plan, write, and proofread a paragraph on one of the following topics:
- What is an outdoor activity you enjoy? Explain why.
- Do you prefer to live in a small town or a big city? Explain why.
Read the two topics again and select the one you wish to develop into your paragraph.
At least two evaluators will read your paragraph and assign it a score. They will read to see if you:
- Have a clear topic sentence and concluding sentence
- Develop your topic sentence logically and in sufficient detail (a minimum of 5 sentences in addition to the topic and concluding sentences)
- Use well-formed sentences
Take a few minutes to think about what you want to say. Leave a few minutes at the end of the period to proofread and make corrections. You may cross out or add information as necessary.
- write legibly
- use blue or black ink
- skip lines
- write on one side of the paper
- number your pages
Instead of your name, write the last four digits of your GOO# in the upper right-hand corner of each page of your paragraph.
You may use your dictionary.