EAP 0120 Students
Reading I , Standards
Students are placed in EAP 0120 according to their L.O.E. P.
(Level of English Proficiency) The goal of the course is to prepare students for EAP 0220, Reading II.
By the end of the course, students should be able to:
1. read word by word or in short phrases
2. understand many common words and/or phrases
3. understand new words and/or phrases when the context supports the meaning.
4. understand common sentence connectors and transitional devices
5. locate facts in short, simple text
6. understand clearly related sentences when in context, background knowledge, or visual information support meaning