Mission and GoalsState College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota is committed to meeting the needs of a growing student population in an increasingly busy, high technology world. With expansion of three locations and growing academic programs on the horizon, SCF understands the benefit in uniting operations, increasing efficiencies and improving college-wide communications. To help meet these challenges, SCF is implementing a Web portal. A portal implementation team has been formed with active participants representing faculty, staff and student needs. Visit this Web site often to learn more about the coming Web portal.
The College Web portal facilitates the use of innovative technology to promote student success, faculty and staff development, operations excellence and to strengthen relationships in the College community.
The portal provides a unified digital environment with centralized access to college communications and services for students, faculty and staff, as well as integrated administrative processes.
The Web portal is a key component in SCF's integration of technology to enhance teaching, learning and support services as a 21st Century College.
Goals and Objectives (Phase 1)
- Provide convenient self-service, single sign-on access to Web-based college systems;
- Integrate a collaboration of Web-based college systems including Banner Self Service,
Internet Native Banner, ANGEL, Outlook Web Access and student e-mail to improve efficiencies;
- Unite operations, improve communications and strengthen relationships across three
- Consolidate and enhance the quality of student online services;
- Increase productivity and efficiency of business processes