SCF Chapter of AFC
The Association of Florida Colleges (AFC) is the professional association for Florida's 28 public community and state colleges, their Boards, employees, retirees and associates. The mission of AFC is to actively promote, democratically represent, support, and serve the individual members and institutions in their endeavors to provide their students and the citizens of Florida with the best possible comprehensive community college educational system.
- For all community college employees - faculty, career, administrators
- Statewide membership is currently over 8,000 and moving upward.
- Provides professional development and networking at state, regional and commission conferences.
- SCF publications keep us up to date on state legislative activities.
- SCF's chapter raises money for scholarships, provides community service and sponsors fun activities
- It's easy to join. Check out the Membership link below and join today.
Breakfast Fundraiser at Crow's Nest in Venice - Saturday, February 26
Tickets are $15. Call Beth Gonyea at 941-752-5327 for more information.
2010 FACC Convention in Jacksonville, Nov. 17 - 19. Click here for convention details.
Halloween Costume Contest, SCF Bradenton (14-147/148) - Friday, Oct. 30, 2009 noon - 1 p.m.
2009 Fundraiser Luncheon at Crow's Nest - Saturday, Sept. 26, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Click here for photos from the 2007 Costume Contest -- FACC Halloween Fun 2007
(use the scroll bar on the right or the blue arrows at the top to navigate through the pdf)
October 2009 - click here to read about SCF's FACC Chapter
|Click here for FACC Membership Information|
SCF's FACC Council
|Immediate Past President:||Bradley W. Davis|
|Membership Chair:||Margery Robertson|
|Special Events/Fundraising Coordinator:||Beth Gonyea|
|FACC Council Liaison - Venice:||John "Woody" McCree|
|FACC Council Liaison - Venice:||Earl Mihali|
|FACC Council Liaison - Lakewood Ranch:||Pam Haskin|
Council Meeting Schedule
SCF's AFC Council meetings (which are held at least monthly on the Bradenton campus) are open to all AFC members. If you would like to attend, please contact AFC Council Secretary Lori Dann.