As a CCD instructor, you represent the entire college to the community. It is important to portray a professional image at all times and conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Arrival: Please allow enough time before class to check in students and present materials
so that class may start on time; 15 minutes is recommended.
- Attendance: If you are ill or encounter an emergency and will be unable to teach a
class, please immediately call any CCD Director or Assistant Director to alert them.
If you are unable to reach a Director or Assistant Director, please speak directly
with a Staff Assistant. Do NOT leave a voice mail message.
- Classroom Assignment: To confirm your assigned classroom contact
(signs on the doors of the PDC also identify class rooms/times)
Lakewood Ranch: 941-363-7203
(the plasma screen in the lobby displays class rooms/times)
Venice: Linda Baxter 941-408-1412
- Course Description: The course instruction should match the description in the catalog or the contract.
- Dress: Business clothing is appropriate for the majority of our classes.
- Parking: Please be sure to park in an appropriate spot without blocking any lanes or parking in a fire lane.
- Cross-Sell: Mention related classes from the catalog that are being offered in the near future (example: in an Excel I class, suggest the Excel II class; in the Business Plan class, suggest the Basic Bookkeeping class). At the least, call their attention to the CCD schedule--www.scf.edu/CCD. This is YOUR chance to help sell some of your future SCF classes!