- The teaching podiums each have a control panel installed on the top for easy access to many of the equipment features. The control panel options will vary depending on the equipment package in that room. Power for each piece of equipment is not available from the control panel. The only standard power button from the control panel will be for the ceiling-mounted projector.
- Press button on control marked "Display Power" to turn on the power for the ceiling
power for the ceiling projector.
Note: the image from the projector will not show up right away. Please be patient! If you press the button again the projector will go into a "sleep" mode and consequently will require several minutes before you can attempt to power it on again.
Computer, VCR, DVD
- Power for the PC can be turned on using the power button on the front of the PC. You
can power on any of the additional equipment such as VCR, DVD, or document camera
using the power button on the front of the equipment.
Note: Please leave all equipment powered on-except for the projector.
- All the PC's in the podiums have some standard software such as the Internet browser, Microsoft Internet Explorer and the Microsoft Office Suite with Word, PowerPoint, etc. If you teach regularly in a classroom and need to request that computer services install other software, please open a help ticket to make that request.
- The control panel allows you to switch between devices for viewing through the ceiling
mounted projector. For instance if the last person in the room used the VCR last,
a blue light on the panel will indicate that the VCR is chosen for viewing through
the projector. You can press the button for any other device when you want the image
from that device to be projected.
Note: The projectors are scheduled to time-out after 3 hours. To avoid having to restart the projector press the button on the podium that controls the device you are using before 3 hours have passed.
- To turn off the projector, you must press and hold the "Display Power" button until the projector powers down. It contains this safety feature so that users do not accidentally turn off the projector by having books or papers on top of the podium surface.
Wall Talker White Board Surface
Classrooms are equipped with a surface used as a white board and projection screen. The following list contains important tips for using the surface properly to maintain its quality.
- Don't use Permanent markers or Flip Chart Markers, use ONLY dry erase markers: EXPO markers
- Clean with the eraser provided by the Wall Talker company (there should be one in every room; regular white board erasers are too abrasive).
- It there is not an eraser, use a paper towel or damp paper towel.
Note: the Wall Talker is a wallpaper surface with a Teflon coating and can be damaged by anything abrasive.
Each piece of equipment is wired through the audio amplifier so that you will have sound available from any of the devices. There is a volume control knob on the control panel.
An outlet that allows connection of a laptop will be added to the top of the podium. This will allow someone to place a laptop on the surface of the podium and connect it to the ceiling mounted projector.