Resource Development Department
The Resource Development Department (RDD) at State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota, in conjunction with the Resource Development Committee (RDC), assists with the acquisition of grant funding to further the mission of the College and the achievement of its strategic plan.
- Maintain research on funding sources*
- Interpret the Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Provide workshops to enhance grant development skills
- Coordinate grant-writing team
- Assist with effective budget development
- Gather additional data to support the proposal
- Provide writing, editing and proofing assistance
- Following the receipt of a grant award, RDD staff consults with
grant project director and others as needed
Dory Lock - Grants Coordinator - email@example.com, 941-752-5387
Stacey O'Donovan - Grants & Research Specialist - firstname.lastname@example.org, 941-752-5419
Bradley W. Davis - Associate V.P. Planning & Institutional Effectiveness - email@example.com, 941-752-5388
The Resource Development Committee (RDC) meets monthly and is made up of key leadership from all divisions, several departmental leaders from across the College and the resource development staff.
Collectively, the RDC guides the grant development calendar so that proposal development supports the College's mission and strategic plan. The committee reviews grant projects and makes recommendations to proceed or not proceed with a project based on a number of criteria. The committee also provides valuable input regarding policy development, potential partners, project planning and information about current or potential grant projects.
Other Sections of this Web Page:
* NOTE: Resource Development works exclusively with state and federal agency funding. For private and corporate foundation grants, SCF staff must coordinate their efforts with The State College of Florida Foundation, Inc. For more information, contact SCF Foundation Executive Director Peg Lowery, firstname.lastname@example.org