Crime Prevention & Safety Tips
The SCF Department of Public Safety provides the following information, crime prevention tips, safety tips, and other helpful hints to improve your safety, awareness, and quality life both on and off campus. (Links in italics)
Disruptive Behavior Response Guide (Staff & Support Services Offices)
Disruptive Student Behavior Response (faculty)
ATM & Banking Safety
Vehicle Crime Prevention
8 Travel Safety Tips Public Transportation
UBER Safety Tips
See something, say something
If you see something suspicious, tell someone!
What is suspicious behavior?
Suspicious behavior or circumstances can include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Anyone forcibly entering a car or home
- Someone tampering with property
- Strangers loitering or entering rooms, offices, or labs with no apparent legitimate cause
- Someone carrying a weapon
- Strange vehicles parked in your area
- Any behavior that is out of character on a college campus
- Packages left unattended
- Suspicious or noxious odors
If you are unsure, call SCF DPS at Bradenton (941) 752-5550, Venice (941)408-1550, or Lakewood Ranch (941)-348-9847– a false alarm is always better than a crime that could have been prevented.