Businesses Invited to High-Speed Network LambdaRail Summit
Area businesses, educational institutions and health care agencies are invited to join Manatee Community College (MCC) Wednesday, Sept. 24, 7:30 to 9:30 a.m., at MCC Lakewood Ranch to learn more about benefits of the high-speed advanced network service, Florida LambdaRail (FLR).
MCC recently became the first local institution to join 10 major Florida universities and four state community colleges in using Florida LambdaRail. At the same time MCC signed on to participate in the high-speed network, the College reached an agreement with FLR to offer local governments, educational institutions, health care agencies and businesses an opportunity to participate in the service at a reduced rate from that which a business would be required to pay on its own.
At the Sept. 24 workshop, representatives from FLR and MCC will provide more details about the service's advantages. Major benefits include:
- Providing disaster recovery/business continuity services at high speed without the usual prohibitive costs
- Fast access to FLR members without using any Internet bandwidth
- Access to National LambdaRail and Internet2
- Ease in scaling Internet bandwidth based on actual need
- FLR peering services that provide a 50 to 100 percent increase in available Internet bandwidth over the subscribed amount.
The LambdaRail Summit will be held in the auditorium of the Center for Innovation and Technology at MCC Lakewood Ranch in the Corporate Park, 7131 Professional Parkway East, Sarasota. (Download a map.) A continental breakfast will be served at 7:30 a.m. and the workshop will start at 8 a.m.
Reservations are suggested and can be made by phone, 941-363-7212, or by e-mail to Marsha Kearns, firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no fee to attend this workshop.