Board Finalizes Search Committee Members
(Bradenton, Fla., Nov. 21, 2007) - The Manatee Community College (MCC) District Board of Trustees, at its Nov. 21 meeting, selected representatives from the community and MCC student body to serve on a 19-member presidential search committee to help find a successor to MCC President Dr. Sarah H. Pappas, who is retiring June 30, 2008.
Students and campus represented:
- Natasha Clemons (MCC Bradenton)
- Carol Gallegos (MCC Venice)
Community Members and geographic area represented:
- Robert Blalock (Manatee County)
- Rose Carlson (Manatee County)
- Edward Jennings (Manatee County)
- Gene Matthews (South Sarasota County)
- Lamar Matthews Jr. (Geographic Boundary Crosser)
- Roy McBean (Sarasota County)
- Lynn Mergen (Manatee East - Lakewood Ranch)
- Alex Moseley (South Sarasota County)
Also at its Nov. 21 meeting, the board elected Ron Allen as search committee chair and Lamar Matthews Jr. as vice chair, and added a second career employee, Patricia Schaefer, testing technician, assessment & testing center.
The new committee members will join those selected at the trustees' Oct. 15 meeting:
- Trustees Ron Allen and Beverly Beall.
- Faculty members Dr. Ray Hundley, associate professor, fine and performing arts; Dr. Felix Rizk, associate professor, mathematics; and Gary Russell, professor, language and literature.
- Administrators Peg Lowery, executive director, Foundation for MCC Inc.; and Dr. Idelia Phillips, director, career and technical education.
- Career employee Joseph Loccisano, art gallery manager, fine and performing arts.
The committee's first organizational meeting will be Jan. 16, 2008. The new president is expected to be selected by April 30, 2008.
Additional information is available on the Presidential Search Web page, www.scf.edu/PresidentSearch.