Spring Schedule Available for Planning
The Spring 2008 Class Schedule is now available for preview and planning purposes. Web site visitors may view the online Class Search at www.scf.edu/ClassSchedules. Currently enrolled students may log in to MY MCC with an ID number and PIN code; click on Student Services and Financial Aid, Registration, Select term (Spring 2008), and Look Up Classes to Add.
Online registration begins Oct. 31. Students are encouraged to use this available planning time to carefully review their MY MCC account, check degree audit, verify or change an address, check on financial aid status and any holds on an account, and verify registration dates. Registration dates for Spring 2008 term are:
- Oct. 31 - Registration begins for students currently enrolled for Fall 2007 term with 30 or more credit hours.
- Nov. 1 - Registration begins for students currently enrolled for Fall 2007 term with fewer than 30 credit hours.
- Nov. 2 - Registration begins for returning students (students enrolled at MCC during Spring or Summer 2007 but not currently registered for Fall 2007).
- Nov. 13 - Registration begins for all transfer, transient, readmits (students not enrolled at MCC for longer than a year) and all others not previously registered for Spring 2008 term.
A 5 percent tuition and fee increase is pending. The Florida Legislature and Gov. Crist are considering a 5 percent fee increase for Spring term 2008. For planning purposes, a 5 percent increase will result in about $4 per hour for Florida residents and about $14 per hour for nonresident students. Students are advised to watch the MCC Web site for announcements regarding Spring tuition, initial payment date and payment deadlines.
Note these December 2007 financial aid dates for Spring 2008 term:
- Dec. 7 - All required documents must be received by financial aid to ensure funding of tuition and fees at the beginning of the Spring term.
- Dec. 12 - All awarded financial aid (excluding loans) will be available to pay for course costs, books and authorized supplies.
To keep up on important MCC news, students are advised to check the MCC Web site and their e-mail accounts frequently.