MCC Observes Labor Day Holiday
Manatee Community College (MCC) will observe the Labor Day holiday, Monday, Sept. 5. No classes will be held and all offices will be closed. Classes will resume and all offices will reopen Tuesday, Sept. 6.
MCC is continuing to accept enrollment for late-start Fall term 2005 credit classes. Although some classes start as late as Nov. 18, students are encouraged to sign up quickly to assure space will be available.
The late-start course offerings, along with their starting and drop-with-refund dates, may be viewed on MCC's Web site at www.scf.edu/registrar.
Offered are programs leading to two-year associate in arts, associate in applied science and associate in science degrees, and one-year certificates. Classes are held at MCC Bradenton, 5840 26th St. West; MCC Venice, 8000 S. Tamiami Trail; the Center for Innovation and Technology at MCC Lakewood Ranch, 7131 Professional Parkway East; and other off-site locations.
Student services office hours at MCC Bradenton and MCC Venice are 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Friday. Tuition is $66.11 per hour for in-state students and $245.05 per hour for out-of-state students.
For more information, call (941) 752-5005 in Bradenton or (941) 408-1300, ext. 65005, in South Sarasota County.
Please note these other important dates:
- The first day returning students may get student loan checks that have been received from the lender is Wednesday, Sept. 7.
- Club Rush 2005 will be held at MCC Venice Sept. 7 and 8.
- Club Rush 2005 will be held at MCC Bradenton Sept. 13 and 14.
- The first day first-time borrowers may get student loan checks that have been received from the lender is Wednesday, Sept. 21.
- On Thursday, Sept. 22, financial aid grant and scholarship balance checks will be mailed.