MCC Hosts Cavalcade of Comedy
(Bradenton, Fla., March 23, 2005) - Manatee Community College (MCC) will host a Cavalcade of Comedy featuring short films and features from the Golden Era of Comedy. Films will be shown throughout the day from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Wednesday, April 20, at Neel Performing Arts Center, located off 26th Street West at 60th Avenue at MCC Bradenton.
The event is sponsored by the MCC Film Club as part of a campuswide Stomp Out Stress Day. Films featured include silent and early sound films and Academy Award winners from the 1900s with such comedy stars as Laurel and Hardy, Harold Lloyd, Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, The Marx Brothers, W.C. Fields and The Three Stooges. Cartoons also will be shown.
Admission is free. For more information, call MCC Film Club advisor Del Jacobs at (941) 752-5593.
Cavalcade of Comedy Schedule
- 9:30 a.m.,The Music Box (1932), Laurel and Hardy
- 10 a.m., Hot Water (1924), Harold Lloyd
- 11 a.m., Troubles of a Grass Widower (1908), Max Linder
- 11:10 a.m., Bangville Police (1913), The Keystone Kops
- 11:20 a.m., Cartoon
- 11:30 a.m., The Idle Class (1921), Charlie Chaplin
- Noon, Intermission
- 12:15 p.m., The Pooch (1932), Our Gang
- 12:40 p.m., The Dentist (1932), W.C. Fields
- 1 p.m., Horse Feathers (1932), The Marx Brothers
- 2:10 p.m., Cartoon
- 2:20 p.m., The Garage (1919), Fatty Arbuckle and Buster Keaton
- 2:45 p.m., Intermission
- 3 p.m., Men in Black (1932), The Three Stooges
- 3:20 p.m., Cartoon
- 3:30 p.m., The Haunted House (1921), Buster Keaton
- 3:50 p.m., Crazy Like a Fox (1926), Charley Chase
- 4:15 p.m., Tramp, Tramp, Tramp (1926), Harry Langdon