Banner System to Shut Down Feb. 3-7 for System Upgrade
FAQ: Banner System to Shut Down Feb. 3-7 for Banner 6 Upgrade
1. What is the purpose of the Feb. 3-7 Banner shutdown?
The Banner system will be shut down to allow for a planned system upgrade to Banner 6. The upgraded version will greatly improves Banner functions for all users in their daily tasks, adds new features and meets requirements for filing reports with state and other regulatory agencies.
2. What users will be affected by the Feb. 3-7 shutdown?
All Banner users will not have access to the Banner system during the shutdown.
3. What services will be affected by the Feb. 3-7 shutdown?
All Banner system services, including finance, student, financial aid and human resources will not be available during the shutdown. Services usually accessed through My MCC will not be available; this includes checking grades and registering for classes.
4. When will the Banner system be shut down and when will it be back online?
The Banner system will shut down after 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 3, 2005, and it will be back online after noon Monday, Feb. 7, 2005.
5. Will other IT services be available during the shutdown?
The College Web site, help desk, e-mail, telephone service and all other network services will operate on a normal schedule during the shutdown.
6. What kind of message will a person receive when he/she logs on to My MCC?
Effective with the shutdown at 7 p.m. Feb. 3, a temporary page with the following message will appear on the computer screen when a user clicks My MCC:
As of 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 3, 2005, My MCC is not available while Computer Services implements a major software upgrade. My MCC will be back online as of noon Monday, Feb. 7, 2005. We apologize for any inconvenience you may experience while we undertake this upgrade to better serve you in the future.
7. Will an announcement be posted on the College's Web site?
Yes, a headline will appear in the right upper corner of the home page with a link to an FAQ about the shutdown.
8. How will students learn about the shutdown?
Students will learn about the shutdown when they click onto My MCC. In addition, an advance notice prepared by the Registrar has been in place on the User Login page of My MCC for several days prior to the shutdown.