SCF understands the importance of the media in communicating the activities occurring at the College as well as the many ways that SCF supports the development of our students and the community. SCF public affairs and marketing serves as the College's liaison with the media and is responsible for initiating and responding quickly to all media contacts.
SCF news releases and promotional materials for all media are written, edited, produced and distributed by public affairs and marketing. Reporters may contact public affairs & marketing to seek information, timely updates on College facts and events, and to request interviews with College faculty, staff or students.
Public affairs and marketing provides the media with:
- Current statistics and data;
- Response to public records requests;
- Photographs when available;
- Access to the appropriate SCF spokesperson(s); and
- Reports on crisis situations
- Reports on Board of Trustees' meetings and College operations.
Information is provided through news releases, e-mail or phone contacts, faxes, published College materials, the SCF Web site, press kits and conferences. Please view our News page for our most recent news releases. The media is invited to contact Kathy Walker, director, with questions or requests:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office phone: 941-752-5320
- Department phone: 941-752-5320
SCF faculty and staff: For information on how we can help promote your SCF event or project through communication with the media, go to the Services to SCF page.