Lync connects people everywhere, on devices running Windows 8 and other operating systems, as part of their everyday productivity experience. Lync provides a consistent, single client experience for presence, instant messaging, voice, video and a great meeting experience. Lync enables instant messaging (IM) and voice calling with the hundreds of millions of people around the world who use Skype.
Start using Lync
Office 365 includes Lync, which lets you have instant messaging (IM), audio and video conversations, and Lync Meetings.
- See when people are available, away from their desk, or in a meeting
- Send an instant message
- Set up a Lync Meeting
- Share your desktop or a program in a Lync Meeting
- Make and receive audio and video calls
Lync Online features
- Get real-time presence information—including photos, availability status, and location—and enhanced instant messaging (IM) to connect efficiently and effectively.
- Make voice calls through your computer to other Lync or Skype users in your organization or in other organizations that use Lync or Skype.
- Create, moderate, and join pre-planned and on-the-fly audio, video, and web meetings with people inside and outside your organization.
- Enhance online presentations with screen-sharing and virtual whiteboards.
- Let customers participate in your Lync conference calls even if they are not Office 365 or Lync Online customers.
If you need assistance with system requirements or additional help, please contact the Help Desk at 941.752.5357 (x65357).