Microsoft Office 365 is a collaboration platform that also provides the full-featured Outlook 2013 email system with web access, integrated calendaring, a campus contacts directory, support for mobile device access, 50 gigabytes of storage per account and more functionality than ever before!
Student Email Migration - Saturday, August 9 and Sunday, August 10
SCF is preparing to move all student accounts to the new Outlook 2013 cloud email solution along with access to Microsoft Office 365 applications and features. All students are urged to save or forward any email or attachments you may wish to retain. The current student email system will not transfer email or attachments to the new student email system. The deadline to complete email cleanup is Wednesday, August 6.
Some of the great features SCF students can look forward to in Office 365 Outlook email are:
- *Convenient web and desktop access to your email and integrated calendar. Full-featured web interface for accessing email and calendar (Outlook Web App).
- *Large message storage capacity. 50 gigabytes of email storage for each student.
- *Access from mobile devices, including iOS and Android-based phones and tablets with access to email, calendar and contacts anywhere, anytime.
- *Built in anti-spam message filtering. Integrated anti-spam tools for smoother control of email filtering and identification.
With the Student Email migration to the cloud, students will gain access to a host of other features in Microsoft Office 365. including immediate access to OneDrive providing 1 TB of personal storage allowing students to view, edit share and collaborate with other students and faculty from their personal cloud.
Student Email Migration is moving forward and scheduled to take place August 9 and 10. Student Pilot Groups are currently test driving the project. Look for more communications regarding student email migration via SCFconnect and scf.edu website.
Faculty/Staff Email Migration - Thursday, August 14 and Friday, August 15
Information Technology Systems has migrated over 900 email accounts from our onsite Exchange server to Microsoft Exchange Online. The remaining 450 will be moving no later than August 1. Multiple trainings to prepare for email migration have been provided at each campus. In SCFconnect - Employee Tab you will find the Office 365 ...to the cloud channel which provides access to the video and handout material to help you follow the 3 step process of email cleanup required by employees. We need your assistance to ensure the smooth transition of your email account from Outlook on premise to Outlook 2013 in Microsoft Office 365. Here’s what is needed:
- Emails and attachments larger than 25MB cannot be migrated and must either be saved outside of your mailbox (network drive, jump drive recommended) or permanently deleted.
- Empty your Deleted Items folder
- Permanently delete your Deleted Items in the Recover Deleted Items option and Purge
For tips about locating the large files and the delete process, view Preparation for Email Migration
- Microsoft Office 365 Faculty/Staff Email Migration FAQs
- Outlook 07 Prep for Email Migration
- Outlook 10 Prep for Email Migration
- Outlook 13 Prep for Email Migration
- Outlook Mac 11 Prep for Email Migration
- Webmail 10 Prep for Email Migration
- Webmail 13 Prep for Email Migration
Once you have been migrated to Office365, you'll find these documents useful to help you find what you need.
Reminder ... you must update the server address for mobile devices including smartphones and tablets. The new server address: outlook.office365.com and the username is now your full SCF email address.
If you need assistance with system requirements or additional help, please contact the Help Desk at 941.752.5357 (x65357).