Mobile devices include mobile phones, tablets, pagers, and portable storage devices, such as USB drives. Often people store a lot of personal and sensitive information on mobile devices, and they can be as vulnerable as computers and other electronic devices.
Protect your mobile devices:
- Follow the same protections that you do on your computer.
- Store as little sensitive information as possible on the device.
- Keep your mobile device physically secure.
- Do not leave it unattended.
- Use a password or PID to access your device.
- Disable features that connect to the Web or other devices when they are not needed.
- Use storage encryption.
- Wipe the mobile device clean of all data before disposing of it.