CHANGES IN PREREQUISITE REQUIREMENTS:
Effective with the Fall Term 2013: The Physical Therapist Assistant program will only be offered as an Associate in Science, (AS), degree after May 2014. Students admitted into the PTA program, effective fall 2013, must meet the requirements for the AS degree. Students must take any Area II, AS Mathematics course to fulfill the general education requirements for the PTA program
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Effective October 1, 2014
Thank you for your interest in the Physical Therapist Assistant Program. Listed below are the steps for application to the program. Please note, applicants are responsible for submitting the most current application.
In addition to the admission requirements of the College, the following are requirements for admission to the SCF Physical Therapist Assistant Program:
1. Earned grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or better in ALL general education courses required by the program toward the degree and a required minimum overall GPA of 2.0 to meet graduation requirements.
2. Satisfactory completion of any remedial coursework needed to be eligible for college level courses. NOTE: Prerequisite courses may be required for ENC 1101 and MATHEMATICS. Consult the course descriptions in the back of the catalog or the specific department of the College for additional information.
3. Completion of prerequisite courses with a grade of "C" or better at the time of application. Prerequisite courses:
BSC 2085C Anatomy and Physiology I
ENC 1101 Written Communications I
PSY 2012 General Psychology
Mathematics+ Choose from any Area II, AS
4. A minimum grade of “C” is required for all courses applied to the PTA degree.
5. A completed PTA program application and payment of a one-time PTA program application fee of $20.00. (Please note: A separate application is required for admission to the College prior to applying to the PTA program.)
6. Verification of attendance at a PTA program Information Session. A link to dates, times and instructions on how to reserve a seat can be located on the PTA program homepage.
7. Complete the PTA online application. A link to instructions on completing the application can be located on the PTA program homepage.
Link to listing of academic courses: Physical Therapist Assistant AS degree
To progress in the Physical Therapist Assistant Program, students MUST:
1. Complete the requirements of the program in each semester as outlined.
2. Attain a grade of "C" or better in each academic and each clinical course.
3. Adhere to the policies of the Physical Therapist Assistant Program as outlined in the Physical Therapist Assistant Student Handbook.