OTA Admission Requirements
In addition to the admission requirements of the College, the following are requirements for admission to the Occupational Therapy Assistant Program:
1. Earned grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or better in ALL general education courses required by the program towards the degree and a minimum Overall GPA of 2.0 to meet graduation requirements.
2. Satisfactory completion of any remedial coursework needed to be eligible for college level courses. NOTE: Prerequisite courses may be required for ENC 1101 and Mathematics Any Area II, A.S.**. These prerequisites MUST be taken PRIOR to entry into OTH 1001 to be eligible to take the required courses. Consult the course descriptions in the back of the catalog or the specific department of the College for additional information.
3. Prerequisite courses MUST be completed with a grade of "C" or better at the time of application. Prerequisite courses for the Occupational Therapy Assistant Program
BSC 2085CAnatomy and Physiology I
Mathematics Any Area II, A.S.**
PSY 2012 General Psychology
4. A minimum grade of "C" is required on all courses applied to the Occupational Therapy Assistant degree.
5. A completed application for the OTA program. A separate application is required for admission to the College.
6. Payment of a one time non-refundable $20 program application fee.
Students are admitted to the Occupational Therapy Assistant program ONCE a year in the Fall semester. The program is a limited enrollment program. Completion of all or part of the general academic courses required in the degree does not guarantee acceptance into the program. However, priority is given to applicants who, at the time of application, have completed the most hours toward the degree and who submit their applications during the priority period. If there are more qualified applicants than seats available in the program, G.P.A. (grade point average) of the general education courses required by the program will be the determining criteria. After the priority period, applications will be accepted on a space-available basis.
**Mathematics Area II, A.A. see current SCF catalog