RN to B.S.N. Program Delivery Options
All State College of Florida (SCF) nursing programs are approved by the Florida Board of Nursing, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and are accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC). Further, SCF has received approval from the NLNAC to offer the Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN) program via distance education (online). The NLNAC is located at 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850; Atlanta, GA 30326. NLNAC's phone number is 404-975-5000.
SCF offers the RN-BSN program in a blended or online format. Application, admission, and graduation requirements are the same for either option and include:
- Applied and accepted to SCF; all students must be administratively and academically in good standing.
- An unencumbered, unrestricted Florida RN license or eligible for Florida RN licensure;
- Ability to complete a 45 hour practicum requirement within the State of Florida; and
- Completion of the following prerequisite courses with a letter grade of "C" or better.
- BSC 2085C (Anatomy and Physiology I with lab)
- BSC 2086C (Anatomy and Physiology II with lab)
- CHM 1025C (Introductory Chemistry with lab) or higher, preferred
- DEP 2004 (Human Development: Life Span)
- ENC 1101 (Written Communication I)
- ENC 1102 (Written Communication II)
- Humanities (Any Area IV, A.A. - Literature or Art and Humanities)
- HUN 2201 (Fundamentals of Human Nutrition)
- Mathematics (Any Area II, A.A.)
- MCB 2010C (Microbiology with lab)
- PSY 2012 (General Psychology)
- STA 2023 (Elementary Statistics)