Important Notice! *** Regarding Spring 2016 Nursing Program *** TEAS exams must be taken on or before Sept. 30, 2015. If you took the TEAS exam at another institution, your TEAS transcripts must be in SCF Admissions by Sept. 30, 2015 to be considered for the Spring 2016 Nursing Program.
What are the sections on the TEAS, what skills will be assessed and how much time
is allowed on each section of the TEAS?
The test is taken on a computer. The questions are generally multiple choice style with four options. Each test section consists of several pages with roughly five questions per page. When you have answered the questions, select the “Next” button in the lower part of the screen to move to additional questions. You can review previous pages, but once you move to a new subject (example-from reading to math), you cannot return.
|Section (NOTE: No Science section available)||Time|
|Reading||58 minutes-48 items including reading time|
|Mathematics||51 minutes-34 items-NO CALCULATORS ALLOWED|
|English||34 minutes-34 items|
|Total Time||2 hours 23 minutes|
- Math skills assessed include metric conversion, algebraic equations, percentages, ratio/proportions, decimal and fraction operations.
- Reading skills assessed include paragraph comprehension, passage comprehension and inferences/conclusions.
- English skills assessed include punctuation, grammar, spelling, sentence structure, contextual and plural words.
- NO SCIENCE SECTION AVAILABLE-SCF does not require the Science section of the TEAS!
- Concentrate first on learning the content material for each portion on the preparation manual. Then do the practice questions. The TEAS is about 'application of knowledge'.
- You current college grade point does not determine your success on the TEAS. Nursing requires familiarity and application of knowledge you were introduced to in middle and high school. Review and mastery of this information and accompanying skills is needed.
- Each test is different. Your screen will be different from others.
- Generally, the questions are multiple choice with four options.
- Calculator use is not allowed.
- There is no penalty for guessing. Unanswered questions are scored as wrong.
- Unanswered questions are counted as wrong answers. Pace yourself.
- Taking less time in one section does not give you more time in another.
- You must pass all three sections of the TEAS at the same time.
- A copy of your results will be given to you at the end of the test.
- TEAS V scores are good for three years.