Bachelor of Applied Science in Technology Management
Program Description/Employment Options For Graduates:
The BAS in Technology Management is designed to help the student develop the skills needed to enhance business competitiveness by leveraging information technology, assessing the impact of technology advances on business, and interacting effectively with executive management as a strategic business partner. To gain the best results for an organization’s productivity and success, the student will develop and be able to apply leadership skills most suited to working with people in a variety of technology functions and projects. Employment options for program graduates include managerial positions in a variety of fields, including computer and information systems, industrial production, purchasing, transportation, storage and distribution, engineering and construction.
Admission to the Bachelor of Applied Sciences in Technology Management will include:
- A 2.0 GPA on a scale of 4.0
- Completion of 45 semester hours. Included in this must be ENC 1101 and MAT 1033 (or a course at that same or higher level).
- Successful completion of at least 50 percent of the required 42 credit hours of electives.
A separate program APPLICATION must be submitted to the program director.
Program Courses, Upper Level (3000-4000):
- FIN 3400 Financial Management - 3 credit hours
- MAN 3303 Leadership and Management Practices - 3 credit hours
- MAN 3503 Managerial Risk Analysis and Decision Making - 3 credit hours
- MAN 4102 Managing Cultural Diversity - 3 credit hours
- ETI 3647 Supply Chain Management - 3 credit hours
- MAN 3504 Operatons Management - 3 credit hours
- ISM 4382 Global Information Systems - 3 credit hours
- MAN 3240 Applied Organizational Behavior - 3 credit hours
- ISM 4480 Electronic Commerce Systems and Strategies - 3 credit hours
- ETI 4448 Applied Project Management - 3 credit hours
- MAN 4570 International Procurement and Outsourcing - 3 credit hours
- ISM 3324 Applications in Information Security - 3 credit hours
- ISM 4212 Database Design and Administration - 3 credit hours
- MAN 4915 Senior Capstone Project in Technology Management - 3 credit hours
Degree Total = 120 credits