Corporate & Community Development
To provide quality learning to people of all ages through noncredit continuing education, community services and some credit-related activities.
More than 30,000 participants have experienced some aspect of Corporate & Community Development (CCD) during the past year--whether it was a personal enrichment class, a workforce training class, a driver improvement class or attending an event. Courses and services are provided across the SCF service area. Our classes are delivered on-campus, on business sites, and online. The division's main office is located at the college's Center for Innovation and Technology at Lakewood Ranch.
The division is comprised of the following areas:
- "Ageless Ed-Ventures"
- Kids' Summer Spectrum
- Motorcycle Rider Classes
- Online Classes
- Personal Enrichment Courses
- Professional Certification Courses
- Community Foundation of Sarasota County classes
- Basic and advanced driver improvement courses
- Classroom driving instructions for those preparing to become drivers
- DUI courses
- Court-mandated supervision courses and Victim Impact Panels
- Mature driving program for those 55 and older
- Computer classes for the public - all skill levels
- Basic and advanced IT courses taught at each SCF site and at businesses
Management and leadership courses focusing on the latest management principles
- Mobile laptop lab allows any space to become an IT training room
- Contract training: Let us be your training department!
- Assistance with external training funds to support your training initiatives
- Business Resource Library at SCF Venice
- Certified business analysts available at all campus sites with convenient appointment times
- Consulting services for emerging and expanding businesses
- Seminars designed for entrepreneurs
- Free start-up workshops held throughout Manatee & Sarasota counties at local chambers
Interested in teaching? E-mail your course proposals and ideas to us and let us see how you can become part of our CCD team!