Description of Adjunct Faculty Certification Core Workshops
- Introduction to SCF Services-Discover resources SCF has to offer instructors and students and how to access them; presented by representatives from the Library, Academic Resource Center, Career Resource Center, Assessment and Testing Center, Disabled Student Resource Center, and Information Technology.
- Introduction to Instructional Technology Services-Learn about the many technological tools available for instruction at SCF and how to select the appropriate tool for a specified learning activity.
- Addressing Diversity in the Classroom-Examine the full range of diversity represented in the classroom, including learning styles, gender, age, ability, etc., and how life experiences and cultural origins affect teaching and learning.
- Designing Effective Classroom Materials-Explore best practices in the development of course materials, including the syllabi, handouts, overheads, PowerPoint, etc.
- Designing Effective Evaluation and Assessment Tools-Find out how to design, adapt, modify, and extend your repertoire of assessment strategies in order to provide high-quality teaching and learning.
- Designing Effective Classroom Management Strategies-Learn about various methods of running an effective class session, including the use of groups, the incorporation of ice-breakers, and other engagement strategies.
eLearning Certification-Successful completion of the eLearning Certification program results in certification for the adjunct faculty member. To learn more about this extensive program go to http://www.scf.edu/FacultyStaff/FacultyProfessionalDevelopmentProgram/eLearningCertification/default.asp.
Note: Approval from the department chair must be obtained before registering in this program.